Defined in header
typedef /* unspecified */ time_t;
Arithmetic (until C11) Real (since C11) type capable of representing times.
Although not defined by the C standard, this is almost always an integral value holding the number of seconds (not counting leap seconds) since 00:00, Jan 1 1970 UTC, corresponding to POSIX time.
The standard uses the term calendar time when referring to a value of type time_t.
Show the start of the epoch.
0 seconds since the epoch began Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970
- C11 standard (ISO/IEC 9899:2011):
- 7.27.1/3 Components of time (p: 388)
- C99 standard (ISO/IEC 9899:1999):
- 7.23.1/3 Components of time (p: 338)
- C89/C90 standard (ISO/IEC 9899:1990):
- 4.12.1 Components of time
| returns the current calendar time of the system as time since epoch |
| converts time since epoch to calendar time expressed as local time |
| converts time since epoch to calendar time expressed as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) |
C++ documentation for time_t